Saturday, March 29, 2008

Touching Lives

Headhunters to Hearthunters... the name of the musical we perform about six times each week... and a truly amazing story.

You know, this is my third tour. I have heard this musical literally hundreds and hundreds of times. It is very easy for me to get caught up in the technical aspect of it... to hear all the missed notes, etc. But every once in a while, when I really let it sink in, it hits me all over again how incredible this story actually is.

And it touches people all over the United States. Thousands of people each year are moved to tears, not only by the story, but by these precious kids. And they truly are precious. They are not perfect, contrary to what a lot of people seem to think, and we do have our issues sometimes. But I wish every one of you could hear these kids pray and see these kids worship. I have prayed over and over again that I could pray and worship like that. A prayer out of sheer dependence on and blind trust in a God who answers their cry. It is a beautiful thing to see.

Well, we are out of Texas and on to other places. We are currently in Arakansas and making our way toward the Northeast. This week was Spring Break week at a lot of places, so it was slow for us. We actually spent the last few days at a camp here in Arkansas.

The kids have been rehearsing all week, and they are slowly but surely improving in their singing and performing.

Well, I've got a concert to run in exactly six minutes from right now, so that will be all for now.

Until next time,

Michael

No comments: